Solved Help Please!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Krazykao

I just built my pc for the first time and I am using the MSI x370 motherboard with a Ryzen 2200g and I know for sure I need a bios update. But there is no display on the monitor. what would be the cheapest solution. What would be the cheapest cpu to buy for the bios update.

managed

Allan
MSI make more than one x370 motherboard, which one do you have ?

managed

Allan
How do you know for sure you need a Bios update ?

According to the support site for your motherboard the oldest Bios you can use is 7A33v58 which was released on the 9th of March 2018.

Krazykao

How do you know for sure you need a Bios update ?

According to the support site for your motherboard the oldest Bios you can use is 7A33v58 which was released on the 9th of March 2018.
I talked to customer support and some friends and they all agreed I need a bios update

managed

Allan
What exact Ram do you have ? If it's not compatible with the motherboard that could be the problem.

Otherwise you could return the motherboard and buy another that will definitely work with the 2200G.

Krazykao

What exact Ram do you have ? If it's not compatible with the motherboard that could be the problem.

Otherwise you could return the motherboard and buy another that will definitely work with the 2200G.
Ballistic x sport ddr 4 8 gig stick but I’m like 75% sure it’s bios

managed

Allan
Ok, get a Cpu as in post #3 above or swap the board for one with an B450 or X470 chipset, both will support the 2200G Cpu even with their original Bios.

Or maybe find a repair shop that will flash the Bios on your MSI board for you, or borrow a first generation Ryzen Cpu from a friend (you will need a graphics card too).

Krazykao

Ok, get a Cpu as in post #3 above or swap the board for one with an B450 or X470 chipset, both will support the 2200G Cpu even with their original Bios.

Or maybe find a repair shop that will flash the Bios on your MSI board for you, or borrow a first generation Ryzen Cpu from a friend (you will need a graphics card too).
Ya all the shops were for 80 bucks so I wanted to do it myself that’s why I’m wondering if I could get linked the cheapest cpu to use

Krazykao

Ya all the shops were for 80 bucks so I wanted to do it myself that’s why I’m wondering if I could get linked the cheapest cpu to use
Will a AMD Athion 64 work

Krazykao

I got the cpu but there is a ram compatibility issue now and I am using the Ballistic X Sport ddr 4 8 gig one stick

managed

Allan
Do you get a display now ?

The Ram should be in the red socket nearest to the Cpu and pushed down until both clips snap into place.

What is the full ID of the ram if you look at the side of the stick ?

Krazykao

Do you get a display now ?

The Ram should be in the red socket nearest to the Cpu and pushed down until both clips snap into place.

What is the full ID of the ram if you look at the side of the stick ?
I had it in the right socket and the code is BLS8G4D24DFSB.16BD and my display is still not working

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online