1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Florensia, Jun 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Florensia

Florensia Thread Starter

My computer has recently started turning on for 20 seconds then turning off and repeating infinitely. This has happened before but it mysteriously fixed itself in an hour last time. But this time it didnt it's been sitting in the corner of my room for 2 months I've tested it a few times still doesn't work. I want to know what the problem is so I can fix it or sell it for parts and buy a new PC. It makes weird noises and also beeps twice as you probably heard in the video. I appreciate all the help!

2. Florensia

Florensia Thread Starter

Posting the video did not work I apologise.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Since you don't use it then it probably doesn't have useful data for keeps. Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to create a Windows setup DVD or USB memory stick. Then boot it and do a custom install.

4. Florensia

Florensia Thread Starter

So you dont think it would be a hardware problem? Could I please ask why this process will help just so next time I can help someone else. Thanks:)

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

It maybe a problem with your hardware, or it could be Windows. So let's try the easy one first - reinstall new version of Windows.

If you want to try hardware, you can unplug your video card if the PC has onboard video which you can use. And unplug all peripherals, except mouse and keyboard. Then see if it boots.

6. Florensia

Florensia Thread Starter

Sadly I dont have a USB or another desktop. Would you think the GPU would be fine? Might find a new PC if you would like to buy this one for really cheap feel free. It has 1060 6gb evga superclocked series GPU i7700 kaby lake quad core processor. Idk why I added that but you never know am I right )

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice