1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sherri24, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sherri24

sherri24 Thread Starter

I recently formatted a dell dimension 3100 computer running win XP home. I know it's a 3100 model however the person that the computer belongs to doesn't have the back up disks for the drivers. I managed to install their modem but the rest i am having trouble finding the proper drivers from the dell website cause there are too many too choose from. There is a program that i know you can dlwonload and install on your computer to tell u which drivers you need for the hardware you have. I used to have it but lent the disk out and never got it back. PLEASE HELP!!!!LOL I still need to install their ethernet card, video and sound cards.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Is it a dell dimension 3100C or 3100/E310

If you don't know then enter the Service tag number usually found on the back of the tower

Your Service Tag is a unique five- to seven- digit alphanumeric (letter and number) code, which is found on a white bar-coded label affixed to your Dell computer or peripheral.

3. sherri24

sherri24 Thread Starter

it's a dell demension 3100/E310 and i know the service tage but when i enter it it gives me a list of drivers for all products installed but still seem to find the drivers for the sound, video and ethernet card.

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

5. sherri24

sherri24 Thread Starter

hi everyone lol just to let you know they no longer offer this program for free

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

7. Leec65

Leec65

yes it is i just downloaded it just click on the first mirror site

8. jmtechserv

jmtechserv

Most of the time your pc will have the device listed as “integrated” in the Dell site

9. replay

replay

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice