1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help !!Please !!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by NEWCHICK, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NEWCHICK

NEWCHICK Thread Starter

Hi !! I am running Windows XP on a computer at a friends biz, and I had two accts setup, Admin and me. I went to the bank this morning and when I returned, one of the guys had been trying to pull up a file and now the Admin login in page is GONE !!

I know this is probably so easy but I can't find it !! HELP !! What do i do ??

Thank yall !!!!

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

Hello

When you install Windows XP it creates an administrator account during the setup process, however it will not be displayed after wards. It asks you for a user name during the latter part of setup, this account will be the default admin account after setup completes.
    The administrator account is set up so you can boot into safe mode and alter the computer.

You can not create and administrator account in windows post install. (the account already exists will pop up) This is more than likely by design and nothing to worry about.

You can however create an Admin account (which is what you are saying you did) so lets see if in fact it exists;

To see the accounts installed, click start, control panel, user accounts, change an account

What accounts are listed there?

3. NEWCHICK

NEWCHICK Thread Starter

It just shows Guest and Me...ADMIN is gone !! Nothing new was installed, it was just on there and now it's gone !I can only get on as me and as guest....there is no ADMIN tab...it wasn't password protected or anything.

4. TooBad

TooBad

Do you have the rights to create a new account? Can you make it a member of the Local Administrators group?

5. Sequal7

Sequal7

When did you create the Admin account? Was it while windows was running (logged in as you), or during setup?

Every admin account should be password protected for your future consideration. If they are not your just looking for trouble, and it will easily find you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice