Help Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Elliexx2001

I am running Windows XP on HP Pavillion media center m7680n I need a registry cleaner. What is the best one to buy and what is the best free one online?

Thanks Guys

Welcome to TSG forums.
If you spend much time browsing these forums, you will find that most of us recommend NOT using registry cleaners. They can cause more problems than the solve.
Why do you think you need one?
vicks

Elliexx2001

Well i use CCleaner and PC tools internep security. My PC its an HP Pavillon media center m7680n is slowing and when i went online to find a driver a registry cleaner said i needed to scan my system. I did. It said i have a huge amount of broken files, etc. Now let me tell ya this. I bought my PC from a discount store and i noticed when i brought it home that what they said that was installed in it WAS NOT. They took out the TV card, put in cheaper CD drive and burner and i think cheaper sound/graphics/video and modem cards. It had xp pro sp3 in it but i got a virus and i started losing my apps an lost admin rights. Now installed is xp home but i dont think i have all the correct drivers/adapters.

Elliexx2001

Please read my reply to the post below-its a long one. Maybe you can help me. You see i am disabled an low income so im trying to learn an fix these problems myself. Again Thanks

Please read my reply to the post below-its a long one. Maybe you can help me. You see i am disabled an low income so im trying to learn an fix these problems myself. Again Thanks
I don't see any more posts by you.
It is very possible that the registry cleaner is what messed up your files.
Please try this, while the computer is booting, gentl continously tap the F8 key. This should bring up the safe mode window. use the arrow keys to move up to the 'last known good configuration' click enter and let the computer do it's thing.
Post back and let us know how it goes.
We will work with you to try to get your computer functioning properly, it may take a little time but the price is right.
Do you have a firewall, antivirus, anti-spyware programs installed and up to date? If not we will give you a list of free ones to use. (I personally have been using them for several years).
Good luck
Will be looking for an update from you
Vicks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online