1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Please

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by benhamj, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. benhamj

benhamj Thread Starter

I am running a pc with Windows XP Pro and Office 03. I have limited experience with Excel. However I have been tasked with creating a spreadsheet to track our consumables in the machine shop. It is my hope to set the spreadsheet to automatically send an email to both my supervisor and myself letting us know the on hand quantity is below a specified value and we need to reorder the part or tooling. I also have a set of spreadsheets I have created for tracking employee production and errors. I would like some information from one to automatically transfer to the other. I will inquire more about this later. I figure I will start with the tracking spreadsheet now and go from there. Attached is the rough spreadsheet I am trying to create. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I'd love to take a shot at it but that won't be 'til after January 3d. ('11)
    For starters, check the different posts where emails can be sent, there are sereval, also where I did some coding.

3. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I took a a quick look but your sheet is empty.
    You will have to provide at least basic info like when to order, what is the threshhold, etc.

Put some data in to give an idea.

Have you considered MS Access?

4. benhamj

benhamj Thread Starter

No i haven't thought about MS Access. I Will provide some info to give a basic idea of what I'm looking for.

5. OBP

OBP

benhamj, welcome to the Forum.
    As Keebellah suggested Access is far superior for doing what you want, in all three cases. It also has the major advantage that the data can be easily shared by others.
    I have posted a few emailing databases quite recently.

6. benhamj

benhamj Thread Starter

THis is the updated worksheet.

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice