1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help pls!!! dekstop compute rmonitor wont start!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Maverick2, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maverick2

Maverick2 Thread Starter

Ok so for the past few days my monitor has been making noise but it still works so I just ignored it and started browsing the internet....... then a couple of hoours i turned it off and then the next day, i turned it on again but, the cpu is the only thing working and my monitor is only black and wont turn on... the power button doesn't have the light and i keep on hearing scratching noises from it... so what should i do??

Note: Sorry for my english. Just worried:(:confused:

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

New monitor! Try pulling the power plug to reset and plug it back in after a few minutes...

3. Maverick2

Maverick2 Thread Starter

i guess i need a new monitor and i also tried to pull the plug and plug it in back but still didnt work:(

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

so it won't power up and it's still making noises? Can you tell me what Type of monitor you have and are you sure the cables are plugged in correctly?

5. Maverick2

Maverick2 Thread Starter

nope still won't power up and after a while the noises stop i have a gateway widescreen hd monitor and the cables are all plugged in correctly(y)

6. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Are you familiar with removing and reinstalling your video card?

You can also test your monitor on another computer if that's the case we're going to have to clear your CMOS and Verify that the power supply voltage is switched correctly and try reseating the video card again..

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you tried a different monitor with that computer?

--------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice