Help Plz, Problems Came From Nowhere?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

biggyd13

Hey guys, Ok this is what happened, I was on last night and the computer was fine, I shut it down last night. Then this morning I go to turn it on, and I have no mouse cursor, my screen size is 640-480 and its on 16-bit color. So after an hour of pressing tab to get the the right place, I change the screen to 800-600, then to a higher bit can't remember, 256bit I'm pretty sure. It tells me I must restart before the changes to place, well once it starts back up, my network password comes up, and i never had that set to do that, then the Display never changed. I still have no mouse, I went to the tower, unplugged then replugged everything back and still no mouse. I had to get to this site by using tab. I ran Norton Antivirus just now, and it came up with 2 viruses. It said they were fixed, but I don't know what to do. Please if you guys can help me quick, I would appreciate it, This has never happened before.
Computer Mods:
Windows Me
64mb Ram
Intel810 G-Card
27 GIG Hard-drive
And Yeah not a good computer, but its workable. Please anyone help!

-Mike :(

A

adambailey

why dont you try to reinstall you mouse via the control pannel

If the mouse is listed in device manager , delete it and reboot.

A

adambailey

also go i suggest you upgrade to xp its much better all i hear is problems from win me! i cant say its worth $170 but its alot better!

biggyd13

I didn't check the names of the viruses I was just stoked I had 2, and as for reinstalling the control panel, I'll try, but I don't have any software for the mouse, it uses a USB port, I'll see if I can reinstall My Control Panel.

-Mike

Is it just a regular plug n play mouse ? If so then delete it and reboot and windows will install it.

Right click it in device manager and it will either be under properties or it will just show delete. do so then reboot.

right click my computer and select properties.

or start/settings/ control panel/system

biggyd13

How do I right click without mouse, hold shift or something, then press enter or what?

biggyd13

Ok it has 2 differ mouse in there, and ps/2 port mouse, which is the one im using im sure, and another kind forogt what it said its like a compatiable or somethin mouse, i guess thats just anormal mouse which one should i do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online