Help plz! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kitty07

I did a repair to my brothers windows XP on his PC and now i am haveing trouble with updates. It says i have to register(activate) my SW and askes me my Windows XP Product Key. i read it on my PC cover but when i enter it i get the answer: This is not a correct code?! I don't get it :(((
After the repair i am also haveing some trouble with Microsoft Outlook. it seems i can save the attachements but can not open them directly. it answers me: the cammand failed to execute!:confused:
Plz plz plz plz....Heeelp or my brother will kill me.:eek:

kitty07

thnx. for your answer!
I did a repair like the one in the tutorial u sent me. I think it is a license problem..maybe it lost the activation information during the repair and now can not reactivate with the same product key... i even tried to change the product key but it remains the same. maybe i must clean it from the appropriate registers and retry.
i feel so confused!!! :confused:
Maybe Microsoft Windows XP hates me:p

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
When you get the activation screen, there's a number to call Microsoft if you're having issues activating the software.

If it is asking for your PRODUCT-KEY, are you certain you are replying with that, and NOT your PRODUCT-ID? I know I have replied with the wrong one before.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
kitty07 said:
I did a repair to my brothers windows XP on his PC and now i am haveing trouble with updates. It says i have to register(activate) my SW and askes me my Windows XP Product Key. i read it on my PC cover .

I'm confused. You did a repair to your BROTHER'S PC and you are reading the key from YOUR PC cover? :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online