Help-Powerbook G4 won't start up. No response from it at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daniel11

I have a Powerbook G4 Titanium (15", 500mhz) that is 4 years old and has been in a closet for 2 years now (it worked fine before I put it away). I took it out the other day, plugged in the charger, and let it sit overnight. When I pressed the power button to turn it on the next morning, it didn't start up. So then I put the battery in a friends Powerbook (both use the exact same battery) and his didn't start either, so I figured that the battery must be dead. Then I put his battery in my Powerbook and mine still didn't start. There's no startup sound, nothing on the screen, and I can't hear any fan or hard drive noise at all. Is my Powerbook dead or is there some way to make it turn on? Could the internal battery be dead? Someone please help because I'd like to use this computer again.
Thanks

-Daniel

sounds dead if no chime noise or other startup. A chime noise means the hardware in the Mac is okay. It's an apple built in check. If no chime no Mac.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online