1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP...Printer sharing between MAC and XP

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Kenk_1998, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenk_1998

Kenk_1998 Thread Starter

If you have a printer on an XP system, can you access the printer from a MAC on the same peer to peer network? Is it hard to set it up?

2. Firediver

Firediver

That depends on a few things.
    What MAC OS are you running? What make/model of printer?
    There may need to be printer postscript files needed in order for the MAC to see the printer.
    Using OSX would be the easiest to use.
    Keep us posted.

3. gag1usa

gag1usa

I've read the messages concerning sharing a printer connected to a PC so that you can print on it from a Mac. There's a greeeat step by step article in June's MacWorld Magazine in the secrets column on page 98 that explains the software part of it. My question is what hardware do I need to connect the Mac to my PC? Cables, servers, ethernet ports....?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!