[Help] Problem with system power up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

quentin17

Alright so here is what is happening:
I try to power the system externally (Power Button on the case) and nothing happens. So thinking there may be a problem with the connection between the button and the mobo i try to power the system using the switch on the mobo (my motherboard has a handy little power button on it). This also fails. This suggests there might be a problem with my psu or my motherboard.

However, I have speakers that receive all their power through a usb port and led on the speakers is on. This suggests the mobo is receiving power.

I have tried to power the computer using several different outlet that i know are functional to no avail.

I built the computer and it is only about a weak old so it seems unlikely the psu would have failed in that amount of time.
I have a:
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W power supply
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard

I would appreciate any help/advice you all can offer.

managed

Allan
Is this a new problem or has it been like this all the time ?

quentin17

This is a new problem.
I just did the paper clip test to determine the function of the PSU. The fan failed to spin so it looks like the psu is the problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online