Help! PROCESS_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Error!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikerugged

Hello,

Currently I am using Windows XP home edition and have run into some majjr problems:

A few days ago, I found my computer at a blue screen which had an error message that read "unmountable boot volume". However, I was able to fix this by using the repair windows function from the windows reinstillation CD. I did not install/uninstall anything before this happened

All was well untill I tried to boot up my computer today. Now I get the error message PROCESS_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. I have tried to repair windows, by using the CD (chkdsk /r and /p), and have also tried using floppy disks. This has not worked at all. The repair finishes, but I still get the same error message. Also, I am fsomewaht familar with BIOS and have noticed that my machine is no longer booting from the internal HDD (or whatever its called). When I boot it up, it by-passes the internal device and boots from my next opition, which is CD-Rom.

It seems to me that I am in really trouble of haveing to re-format. Does anyone have any ideas? Any info would be greatly helpful. Thanks!!!!!

mikerugged

Does anyone have any idea's at all? Or should I just try to re-format. Im stumped!!! Thanks again!!!

Having the same error (the screen flashes blue on startup, with that message.

Apparently, this error more often than not has to do with hardware, not software/corruption, although i'm not exactly sure on what is causing it. =/ so for being of no help. This is a rare problem, it seems.

Here's the microsoft explanation of this and other phase 0 errors:
"A Stop message during Phase 0 initialization might indicate a problem with outdated firmware or faulty hardware. If you receive one of the Phase 0 initialization Stop messages listed in Table C.1, run the hardware diagnostics program included with your devices or replace them with new parts. Also, verify that your motherboard and peripheral firmware revisions are current and try the suggestions provided in "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix. For more information about the startup process and recovering from hardware problems, see "Troubleshooting Startup" and "Managing Devices" in this book. For more information about checking firmware, see "Troubleshooting Concepts and Strategies" in this book.

If you cannot isolate any hardware problems, try running the Windows XP Professional setup again. If the same error message appears, contact a Microsoft support technician."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online