help-- processors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deano09

hey all

im looking into buy a laptop

and a mate of mine has told me to stay away from AMD processors.. now i admitt i dont know **** about computer hardware.
the laptop i had in minds processor states
AMD turion 64 X2 mobile technology (TL-50) 1.6Ghz

now hes telling me i should be going for an intell..

can someone shed some light on what i must be looking for..
i just need it to be quick.. doesnt need to be able to handle full to the brim with files and programs.
i will get at least 1gb of ram
i just need to be able to do a fair few things at once... i usually have abuot 5-6 windows open doing things...

any help would be much appreciated

There is nothing wrong with AMD processers in fact they were the industry leaders for quite few years
Intel has introduced the core 2 duo and has taken the lead as the fastest cpu's from Amd.
That said the AMD dual core processers are still pretty quick and could still be fast enough for your needs
Also because Intel core 2 duo are the "must have" at the moment it tends to reflect in the price you pay for machines with them installed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online