Help recovering lost word doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lucegoose93

Hi,

I am desperately trying to recover a word document (wedding speech!!) that I have somehow lost and don't understand how! I definitely would have saved it but can't find it anywhere. I know the date and time it was worked on to try to search for it that way. I have also tried searching through temporary files. My computer crashed and had a virus a few weeks ago maybe that is why it is lost but I don't really understand at all. Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You didn't say which Windows version or Word version is in your computer and if that Word document is in .doc or .docx format.
Depending on which format it's in, type in
*.doc
or
*.docx
in the search box and then do a search.
(The asterisk star symbol is on the number 8 key)
Depending on how many Word documents you have saved and depending on what you named that document will determine how easily you can find it.

What exactly was done to your computer after it crashed because of the virus?

---------------------------------------------------------------

keltic1der

Donald
I use DRW Pro and it works great on Office documents. They do have a free version too. It is limited on the amount of data it will recover.. Just make sure to uncheck all options except for the file format you need like .doc or .docx

You didn't tell us which version of Word you are using . The recovery method is different for the different versions of Word.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture.JPG

It's been 6 days, so I don't believe we'll hear back from lucegoose93.

--------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I believe one of the Administrators/Moderators will close it after a certain period of inactivity.

---------------------------------------------------------------

cybertech

Retired Moderator
After 30 or 45 days, I can't remember which :rolleyes:, of inactivity a thread automatically closes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online