Help! Redirect virus gone horribly wrong!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lawrenc

I'm a complete beginner at computers so bare with me. Yesterday, I was coping with a redirecting virus that would redirect me to stupid fake ads. I downloaded numerous programs such as TDSKiller from Kaspersky and the one from symantec(I forgot the name). In the middle of my scans, my laptop BSOD'd. I tried to start it again but once I pass my login screen, I bsod again. In every mode, including safe mode it would still bsod after 5 seconds after the login screen. I tried using system restore in safe mode with command prompt by typing rstrui.exe but it said, that my system restore has been disabled(WHAT?!). Now I'm out of ideas to help save my laptop. What should I do now to fix this?

peterh40

Peter
1. Boot from a Linux Live CD (Most Linux distros have one)
2. Backup data to external drive
3. Reinstall Windows.

Lawrenc

One question, how do you boot your computer with a cd? I can't go past the login screen, so how do I activate the CD at the start of windows?

Lawrenc

I'm a beginner at this, I don't understand. Where in bootdisk.com will it show me how to create a bootdisk CD so I can burn a copy of kaspersky's rescue cd?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online