1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Reformat & no back up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sphinxxykitten13, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sphinxxykitten13

Sphinxxykitten13 Thread Starter

I was trying to back up my moms OLD OLD e-machine that kepted crashing, finally the only thing I could get to load was the recovery options. Well one of the options was to back up (and all your files will be under C:backup ). Since I was unable to get windows to load, I thought this would be a safe option. WELL the computer now will load to windows but it didn't back up any of her pictures or documents etc! Its just a bunch of crap in the backup folder (like coral icons etc). I don't think there is any hope but I had to ask because she is going to be so upset that all her photos and documents are lost. (n)

emachine T3995
    These specs seem to match up with what is says on the computer
    http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-t3995-celeron-d/4507-3118_7-32014631.html

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That's why it's so important to keep important and irreplaceable personal data(documents, photos, music, etc.) backed up to external media.
    If Windows becomes corrupted or the hard drive dies, you can lose months or years of personal data.

Here is the support and downloads site for the eMachines T3995 desktop that you might want to add and save in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so it can readily be referred to when needed.
    If you need to reinstall any device drivers after doing the recovery, you can obtain them there.

I'm not familiar with the recovery options and procedures of an eMachines desktop, so hopefully someone who is can assist you.
    Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!