1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help remove TrojanDownloader and Adware Popups

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by smithani, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithani

smithani Thread Starter

Hi All,
    My PC at home seems to be infected with TrojanDownlaoder.xs and also some ADwrae program.No matter what i cahnge the desktop background cahnges to black with a message saying that my ip address is being used by some other computer, I tried deleting all my cookies, temp files, temp internet files etcc. even tried to modify teh reisgtry settings to see if there are any active desktop entries etc....AHHHH. nothing has worked so far.Even Windows Defender couldn't get rid of it....

Can somebody please let me know the steps I need to take to have somebody help me thru this.

Your help will be Greatly appreciated.

2. Jintan

Jintan

Howdy smithani,

Welcome to TSG. Let's see what all is loaded there.

Download HijackThis from Here. Click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. Then open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log.

Also go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file here, along with the HijackThis log please.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice