Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HELP! Removed Windows XP Component From Control Panel Add/Remove Program by Accident

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Issy301 
#1 ·
:confused: Please can someone HELP me!

Using Windows XP Pro SP2 ThinkPad R61i

In an attempt to install the problematic update MS KB979906 for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, I accidentally Removed Windows XP component which connects to:
-Windows Management files may be moved or missing
-NetWork Connections Wizard,
-NetWork Connections Icons
-My SysTray is missing Icons e.g. computer monitor-like icon that you can Right-click on to see "Available Networks" "Repair Network Connections" “Change/Add NetWork Connections” and flashes bright blue when you are connected to the internet; it also tells how many bars you have for your connection
-Unable to launch Anti-Virus program AVAST
-Can’t Access System Information
-Can’t Access Windows Management Instrumentation software.

Since I had this accident every time I boot up I receive the following error messages:

-Rescue & Recovery Back-up Service unable to run
-Netwk.exe error

I’ve tried installing these in hopes of fixing the problem – but to no avail:

- Tried to download the following but got error message - NDP1.1sp1-KB979906-X86 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- Then I tried downloading Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and received the following error message - "this product is not supported on X86 operating system"

- Then I tried installing .NET Framework 4 Setup got error message "Installation Did Not Succeed because Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed"

- Then I tried to install Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable, and received the following: EXTRACTION FAILED - .update.exe is not a valid Win32 application

See less See more
#4 ·
Issy301, Welcome to TSG. Try a System Restore to the closest date prior to the problem. Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

Tufenuf
Tufenu, I went into ThinkVantage and last backup date was 11/29/2009. The only problem I have doing a System Restore that far back is FiOS was configured on my system just last month and it's the only way I have to connect to the Internet.

Is there a way I can save Verizon FiOS Internet Connections before doing the System Restore to 11/29/2009?

Many THANKS for your help!

#5 ·
When I go into the ThinkVantage Productivity Center Data Protection and Recovery, I receive the following error messages:
- WIZRR MFC Application encountered a problem. Please tell Microsoft - Send Report or Cancel
- GUI MFC encounted a problem Please tell Microsoft - Send Report or Cancel

When I go in ThinkVantage Technologies and try to do Rescue and Recovery - the error message states"Windows Installer could not access. Windows installer is not properly installed.

I have been Googling fixes for the last 24-hours with no luck.

Please Please can you help me please!

#8 ·
%systemroot% is variable and will resolve to C:\windows on most systems.

DO NOT delete the entire folder delete the sub-directory Repository in the parent wbem folder as the instructions state.

If that does not resolve the issue, use the second fix of re-registering the libraries in the registry

#9 ·
%systemroot% is variable and will resolve to C:\windows on most systems.

DO NOT delete the entire folder delete the sub-directory Repository in the parent wbem folder as the instructions state.

If that does not resolve the issue, use the second fix of re-registering the libraries in the registry
Thanks Helpful! I must've done something wrong when I tried doing Repairing and re-registering the WMI Services because now I'm receiving error message Access Denied: Win32 :eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.