1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help removing avast

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Jamilwi, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jamilwi

Jamilwi Thread Starter

When my avast recently updated it's now stuck saying well this is embarrassing we've run into a problem and need to restart your antivirus so I select reset an it resets computer but nothing changes. There are multiple people with this problem avast released a download to fix this it does not work for me, so I tried to uninstall avast an it says uninstalled but when I restart computer it's there when you go to unistall there also a update or repair option neither worked, I tried running safe mode but when I restart computer in safe that dosent work an avast is still there its almost like after I reset I'm running a recovery to when avast updated. How do I fix this an get rid of avast please help.....?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I know you say you have uninstalled it. However if that was uninstall from the AVAST program itself or from Windows Settings uninstall, that does not always work with AVAST or indeed many anti virus programs

Use the AVAST
    https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Uninstall-Antivirus-Utility
    uninstall program
    Download it from the link and run it, you will automatically be prompted to click to run the program in safe mode.

Then when it has completed, shut down the computer which if it is windows 10 requires a complete shut down and not only the usual windows 10 hybrid sleep.
    TO make the complete shutdown
    follow this procedure
    FULL shutdown on 10
    Step 1: Open Start menu, select Power button.

Step 2: Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, and then release the Shift key

3. Jamilwi

Jamilwi Thread Starter

I did that it did not work when I restart it to go in safe mode it does not go in safe mode an avast is still there.....

4. Macboatmaster

5. Macboatmaster

Having seen my last reply your response would be appreciated

6. DerekVIP101

DerekVIP101

you can also use ccleaner.

7. Macboatmaster

Do not use CCleaner for this purpose use the utility designed by Avast for the uninstall if their product

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice