1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help removing Dell BIOS password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by makersmark1, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makersmark1

makersmark1 Thread Starter

Earlier today, I madea horrible mistake, and installed Intel Active Monitor 1.2.2 on my Dell XPS 410. After frantic searching (it screwed over my BIOS settings so only my fans turned on when I powered on the computer) I removed the backup battery and let the BIOS reset.

When I turned the comp on, it actually turned on!! Unfortunatly, I encountered a BIOS password screen. My old BIOS password obviously didnt work, so I tried calling Dell. They refused to help me unless I pay them $39.00 since my warranty expired.

Ive bought 3 comps and 4 monitors from them over the last 3 years, and if this is the customer support I get, they will NEVER see another penny from me. In that light, I would like to see if theres a way to bypass this factory password, before I go out and upgrade my mobo/processor/ram.

Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 1.0.3

Dell System Dell DXP061 Series
    BIOS version 1.0.3

Ive tried the following backdoor passwords, to no avail:

Dell
    dell
    PHOENIX
    phoenix
    BIOS
    CMOS

Thanks in advance

2. brdalderson

brdalderson

Can you get to windows or does it come up with the password straight away?
    There are two options I can think of:
    1. Open the laptop and remove the CMOS battery for about 20mins and then put it back in, may not do anything but its worth a try.
    2. the other option is get the newset BIOS firmware and boot into DOS, if you can, and flash the BIOS, theoreticaly it should wipe the old firmware and give you a fresh start.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sorry. Please read the rules.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice