1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help: Repair hard drive and recover data.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by semdem11, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semdem11

semdem11 Thread Starter

Hi. I'm from latin america so excuse my bad writing. I'll try to be the clearest I can.

It's about a Hitachi SATA 1TB hard drive.

What happened was that I had my CPU laid on one side and opened. I had the hard drive
    laid over the DVD unit compartment because I was trying to fix up another hard drives
    and had to be continuously connecting and disconnecting. Then I accidentally hit the CPU
    with my foot, lifting it a little and getting hit against the floor, the PC turned off,
    then I turned it on again but Windows did not started. So I set BIOS to start with
    another hard drive that has Windows too and let the HItachi connected. Like this Windows
    initialized very slow. Then I check on " My PC" and Windows did not recognized de
    Hitachi hd, I rebooted and checked in BIOS and there the Hitachi was not recognized
    neither. I tried in another PC and with other cables and nothing changes.

P.D.:

-When the PC is turn on the Hitachi HD feels to start but past 15 seconds it stops.
    (Sometimes, when the PC turns on the Hitcachi starts to beep intermittently, with a 2
    seconds interval, it is not a mechanic sound and after every beep it's heard a little
    crack from the HD, and the HD remains like this until I turn off the PC. Remeber, this
    happens SOMETIMES).

Please guys, help me, so I could repair the drive and recover my data.

Cheers and thanx.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like you're done with that drive. I guess you will need to use your backups.

Recovery services can almost certainly get the data back, but they can cost into the $1000's.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice