1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help require about MS Power Point

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Signode, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Signode

Signode Thread Starter

Hi;

I have MS office 2003. I am preparing a presentation in which need to attach/show some videos for which I need your help how to attach/show a video in MS Power Point as I have seen many people that during presenting, their attached video in PP don’t open. After preparing that presentation, I will send it as attachment to others. So what should I do to send properly presentation with video to others?

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

if you are going to send to others - make sure you embed the video and not just link to it
    also make sure you can run the video from slideshow mode - not at a powerpoint machine right now - but when you add the link - right click and properties on the link - should have the option of how it will play - if not set correctly you cannot run from a slideshow mode you have drop out to run

3. JohnWilson

JohnWilson

It's not possible to embed a video in 2003.

Best practise is to save the presentation to a folder (best with a short path eg C:\PPTS\whatever.ppt)

Put the video file in that folder and then insert it.

Send the recipient the whole folder of maybe zip it first. As long as the video and ppt are in the same folder on the new machine it should play.

4. Signode

Signode Thread Starter

I have inserted two movie clips (xxx.avi) in a presentation but facing a problem that if I run these clip out of presentation, they are normal but if I run these clips in presentation, they run almost 3X fast. Please help how to fix this problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058744