1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help required for Excel Formula

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by him1803, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. him1803

him1803 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I just stuck up in one problem, and I need your expert help in solving it.

The problem is -

I have created an excell sheet with monthly consumption data date wise summing up all at bottom of table.
    A second worksheet is created (for costing calculation with today & todate figures) taking reference from the first one.
    Now, I need that whenever I put in one master cell as 1, 2, 3, 4...(representing dates in first workbook), the values of today & todate columns are filled with the values (entered in first workbook).

Also, if you can tell me -

How to put this condition in one single cell -

=IF(I3=1,CONCATENATE('Backup Data'!E11))&(IF(I3=2,CONCATENATE('Backup Data'!E12)))

I am getting the result as - if first condition true, its value is displayed followed by FALSE of the second formula and reverse is for 1st condition false & second is true, the result is FALSE210.

Thanks

Himanshu

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi Himanshu, welcome to the board,

I cannot picture the problem reading your post, do you have a small non-private data sample to show what you have and what you want?

Furthermore, concate creates string values so I do not think you need this.
    Post a samplke so we can see what you need / want.

Also, you forgot to mention the version of Excel you're using

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice