1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help restoring after Advanced Systemcare

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MsCannaBass, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MsCannaBass

MsCannaBass Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jessamy
    Oh No! While trying to get my Moms laptop to run faster I guess I created a disaster!
    I downloaded Advanced Systemcare, which I have used before years ago with no problems, and I ran a scan & fixed the errors found. Then I rebooted & entered the password as usual. Then nothing happened. I waited for the Windows 10 desktop to appeae & still nothing happened. I listen to the laptop & hear somethings happening inside but after 5 mins nothing happens. I hit control+alt+delete & sign off the computer & shut it down. Now this morning I need to get the computer back to how it was before Advanced Systemcare ASAP before Mom asks for her laptop back.

Please someone help?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You posted this thread yesterday at 7:02 A.M. which was closed by TerryNet who is one of the forum Moderators.

You then posted this thread today at 11:10 A.M..

If you used IObit Advanced SystemCare and allowed it to remove all the "errors" it claims it found, there's a good chance you trashed its Windows operating system.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Yesterday it was a forgotten password/reset password/blocked account. Maybe you should outline how you got beyond those problems.

If you have used Advanced SystemCare and trashed the system as badly as you indicate above it may be time to reinstall or "recover to factory defaults" the OS.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Windows 10 is quite capable of taking care of itself. No registry cleaners, no speedup utilities needed. And most such 'utilities' can't catch up with the bi-yearly updates which Win 10 does automatically.

That said. Go download MS Media Creation Tool. It will generate a Windows DVD/USB memory stick. Boot with it and choose Custom install. Then remove the C partition and let it continue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice