1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help??? Right iPhone 3G deal!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Denys, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

Hi, I'd like to buy an iPhone 3GS 18GB. There are lots of deals from different operators etc. which leaves me very confused. Could someone please tell me which deal suits my needs best.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I travel to Spain quite a lot and on my current phone I can get a BOLT ON which means I don't get charged for incoming calls etc. Is there a deal like this for the iPhone???

I spend about £25-30 a month on calls and texts.

Please tell me if you need any more info!!!

Thanks,

Denys

2. oksteve

oksteve

3. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

HI, thanks for the response. Can I just remind people that it is VITAL that this phone doesn't add extra costs whilst I'm abroad (something like a bolt on on o2). I'm extremely confused about all these deals and don't understand them very well. Could someone please find the best deal for me???

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't know how cell phone plans work in the UK, but I doubt you'll find a provider that doesn't charge extra for roaming internationally.

I also have no idea what a "bolt on on o2" is.

5. oksteve

oksteve

WOW your soooo heavy !!! Please remember we are not paid to be here, we give up our time to help others and expect nothing in return.

If you want help ask for it respectfully or not at all

6. oksteve

oksteve

International roaming charges have been a scourge to European travellors for years. Its only recently after a EU ruling that providers have had to charge the same lower rate throughout Europe.

7. Ratboy

Ratboy

8. burntreality

burntreality

I don't think it is the answer you are looking for but if you are worried about cost that bad there are many programs you can use to make calls over WiFi. That is the only way I know to avoid expensive roamining charges.

9. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Best deal? easy solution. Go to the phone shops- O2 are pretty useless, and give very littl eawat. Orange, not too good. T mobile, if you negotiate they can give some good deals. Dont bother with carphone warehouse, phones 4 u, or any multi sellers- they have little interest in special deals.
    Simple answer is.. do the research. The deals change all the time, and you will need to push. tell them what you want, see what they offer. If its not good enough, say ok, I will look elsewhere. And if its an iphone you want, be warned its going to cost more. You pay for the name, amongst other things, and everywhere is charging more for them.
    Simples :)

10. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

I forgot- DoubleHelix, a bolt on is an item specific to the retailer O2. You get your phone, pay your money, and generally for a further fee, usually nominal, can choose several additional items, such as free landline calls, free calls to other O2 users, roaming at no cost, or anything else they dream up. a way of getting something you want without having to pay too excessively for it.

You can also get similars form most other retailers, varying in price and range.

As for the Wifi one, pretty much all of them will only give you free internet capability in the UK.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice