Help running house wifi network through paid VPN service

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xVirus33x

Hello, my family just subscribed to a paid VPN service and asked me to help figure out how to get the house's wifi network go run all traffic in the house through it. In short I guess we want the router to run through the VPN if that is possible.

We have a netgear R100 router and the VPN service is through PIA

Thank you in advance for any help!

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No. These proxy services utilize a client to server VPN tunnel. They do not do a site to site. If you want all your wireless clients to utilize this service, you have to purchase service for each device you want to be on it.

xVirus33x

No. These proxy services utilize a client to server VPN tunnel. They do not do a site to site. If you want all your wireless clients to utilize this service, you have to purchase service for each device you want to be on it.
Ok so we have several amazon fire TVs and sticks through which we run kodi because we cut cable out of our bill and we want all their streaming to be able to run through that VPN by getting the router where they all connect to run through the VPN, are you saying there is absolutely no way to do this ?

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That's exactly what I'm saying.

I also don't understand why you're using a proxy service in the first place. Note, I know you're using the term VPN for the service you've subscribed to and I refuse to use the term VPN to describe their services regardless of whether they're using it to describe their services; because they're a proxy service plain and simple.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online