Help Save My Data

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ArinBlackheart

So, I put my phone on the charger earlier and suddenly I come back to it to see a "SD Card error" message. I restarted my phone twice, kept taking the card out and putting it back, and even tried accessing it through a computer. Nothing. My phone wants to format the card and the computer couldn't even attempt to get into the files. I can't lose the files on the card. There are important photos on there. I don't know what to do

Attachments

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Edit: If the PC isn’t finding the SD card can you connect the phone to the PC to see if it can be seen & you can access the card that way?
I would insert the SD card into a PC, copy all the folders or just personal files onto the PC, insert the card back into the phone & format it, then return it to the PC & copy the files/folders back to the SD card.

ArinBlackheart

Edit: If the PC isn’t finding the SD card can you connect the phone to the PC to see if it can be seen & you can access the card that way?
I would insert the SD card into a PC, copy all the folders or just personal files onto the PC, insert the card back into the phone & format it, then return it to the PC & copy the files/folders back to the SD card.
Just connected the phone to the computer to double-check on that. Usually the sd card would show up separate from internal storage and it wasn't there.

It was originally used as shared storage but ended up losing data and worked otherwise. It almost seems like it's trying to read as shared storage again and locking everything out.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I suspect that might be the case. I assume you’ve also done the standard restart of the phone, with & without the card (shut down phone, remove card, restart phone, then shut down again, insert card & restart a 2nd time)?
If you connect the SD card to the PC does the card show under disk management?
If you run powershell with admin & use diskpart list disk does the card show?
If not then I doubt you can recover the files.

ArinBlackheart

I suspect that might be the case. I assume you’ve also done the standard restart of the phone, with & without the card (shut down phone, remove card, restart phone, then shut down again, insert card & restart a 2nd time)?
If you connect the SD card to the PC does the card show under disk management?
If you run powershell with admin & use diskpart list disk does the card show?
If not then I doubt you can recover the files.
Everything shows but this is what happens when I try to access it.

Attachments

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
A last resort would be to try Macrium Reflect to see if it’ll backup the SD card.
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
Don’t worry if it gives a lot of red ‘errors’ this is due to SD cards not needing VSS.
I use this to backup my SD card full of my downloaded programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online