Help, Screen is having issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laylabrad

When I turn on my Toshiba laptop the screen is meant to be black with a red toshiba logo,
but as you can see from the video and pictures, the screen loads but it is green in colour, then it flickers with vertical or horizontal lines. When I hook my laptop up to my tv the picture is perfect with no issues. So what I want to know is...
Is it the cables for the screen that is the problem or is it the screen itself that the problem. Which do I need to replace?

[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi and welcome to TSG.

Since the TV picture is fine chances are the problem is either the cable from the laptop's motherboard to it's screen or the screen itself.

What's the full model name of the laptop ? (should be on a label underneath).

laylabrad

Thanks for ur reply, yeah i know its either the screen or the wires, i was just hoping someone would know which one it was so I could buy a new screen or the cables without having to buy both. My laptop is Toshiba satellite C55-c-1m9

Generally, if it is the cable, you can find a "sweet spot" where it is OK, meaning opening the laptop to just the right tilt works. You didn't say that which is why I think one end is loose; you may not need a part, at all.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
This video should help if you want to take the laptop apart yourself :-
There are several more videos for the C55 on YouTube.

laylabrad

Thanks Alan, my brother took the laptop apart and there was no loose wires or any issues that we could see that might be causing the problem, I am pretty sure its the screen itself and have ordered a new one online, I'll let you know when we fit the new one if thats what the issue was, thanks again for the help. Us liverpool fans got to stick together

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good luck with that and do please let me know how it goes.

Yes we do, especially after Wednesday night's match ! :(

laylabrad

Yeah I bought a new screen for my laptop and my brother installed it for me and my laptop works
perfectly now, total cost of screen was €40 or £30 so delighted to have it fixed. Thanks again for your help Allan

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That's great and you're most welcome. (y)

If you're sure it's ok now please mark this topic 'Solved'

(we were better against Chelsea :) )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online