1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help setting up xfx geforce mx4000 64 mb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buckethead, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckethead

buckethead Thread Starter

I got this card xfx geforce mx4000 64 mb to replace my onboard video. I'm running win XP sp2 amd 2000+ 512 mb. I went to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest driver and when I try to install it, it get this : see picture below
    [​IMG]

Someone please help me install my card. By the way, I didn't buy this card, my friend gave it to me cause he got a new card and it works fine for him. So he didn't have the installation CD.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

Go to the link and try the 66.93 driver. Your picture isn't there but I have a feeling it is telling you no compatable card was found.

Also make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are installed. Reinstalling them would not hurt a thing. Graphics drivers depend on the chipset drivers to install.

You aren't the first person I have seen having trouble installing 71.84 drivers on an older card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/351118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice