Help sharing Win7 libraries with WinXP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MobiusJedi

I've been looking through several different guides, but I just can't get this to work.

Setup: WinXP machine is acting as my media center, using my TV as its primary display to watch videos through Media Player Classic. The other two machines sharing files on the network, one wireless laptop, one wired desktop, are both running Win7. All machines are on "Workgroup."

Problem: This was working, except that I don't wish to type in the username and password to access Win7PC files each time I boot the WinXP machine. Turned off password protection, and suddenly I cannot access the videos on Win7 desktop. I can still access the music and video libraries on Win7PC, but not the downloads folder. Tried creating and sharing Downloads library to no avail.

I'd like to avoid relocating files into the working directory, as well as going back to the log-in dialogue. Alternatively, is there a way to have XP remember the username/password?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online