1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help some Dll file !!! Reply as soon as possible

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Katana_SIm, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katana_SIm

Katana_SIm Thread Starter

I just restarted my computer and some sign came up:

.Dll file C:\Windows\System\MSUCRT20.dll missing

My msn messenger also said something about an error.

HELp

2. emanon

emanon

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

you need to start by scanning for virus, trojan or variant on-line at http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Often when you have startup error messages it can be from a program being uninstalled incorrectly, virus, etc.. In most cases reinstall the missing program then uninstall it correctly, restart inbetween uninstall/rinstall, uninstall Mesenger in the Add/Remove Programs control Panel; Restart your computer then reinstall Messenger.

4. gmh

gmh

In Windows 98, a copy of this missing file is lodged in
    C/Windows/sysbckup

Use System File Checker to replace the current file
    (in C/Windows/System) and, when asked, point to the
    backup folder

5. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Cure Your Ills With the System File Checker
    Windows 98

When you're having trouble with Windows 98--and who doesn't at some point--you might want to try a little-known utility called the System File Checker. Close all open programs and go to Run in the Start menu. Type sfc and click OK.
    Check the Scan For Altered Files radio button and click Start. SFC will look for files that have been corrupted. If it finds any, you can use it to extract clean versions of the files directly from your installation disk.

Or

To start System File Checker, follow these steps:
    Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, click System Information, and then click System File Checker on the Tools menu.

6. Katana_SIm

My msn wont work now. I reinstalled 3 times and the error keeps popping up.

7. Katana_SIm

I got it fixed. :) thanks to styxx, emanon and gmh. The site was useful too.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice