1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Someone hacking into my brother's computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chris0147, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chris0147

chris0147 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I need your urgent help. I have fixed my brother's computer by reinstall windows 7. Everything is working fine especially the local area network connection issue, but I can see that something is look very suspicious. When I opened on 'my computer', I can see that somebody called 'ALEX-87D3DC2A24', is connecting to my brother's computer few mins after when I enabled the nforce network controller. I am really scary that if he will be hacking him to break into his computer and steal the information.

Here is the screenshot:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what I need to do to to prevent him hacking and prevent him break into my brother's computer?

Any advice would be much appreicated.

Thanks in advance

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you are using Wireless, then go into your wireless router and setup WPA2 encryption. This involves setting a password so that everyone joining the network will need to know a passphrase.

3. Lance1

Lance1

Is this the only computer connecting to the Netgear router? Is this WIFI? You can go into the router and beef up the access code by using alphanumeric (Numbers and letters as well as uppercase and lowercase) I had this issue and created a 27 character code for my WIFI. It's bean some years and nothing as penetrated that code. If you create a long code, write it down and put it in a safe place.

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Rather than trying to hack into your brother's computer, it's more likely that a neighbor is simply using his wifi connection. My next door neighbor's house is 200 feet away and I can see his wireless network. But it's WPA protected so I can't log onto it.

5. ibrahim0512

ibrahim0512

Is your internet secured with WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.? If so then just saying WEP is the easiest to hack into. If you don't have ANY password for your internet then you should really get one fast. And I think WPA2 is the best I'm not sure

6. ibrahim0512

ibrahim0512

Actually, I just realized in the picture you have Ethernet not Wireless. I honestly don't know how you're supposed to hack ethernet unless you do have a wireless router somewhere in your house (because the router would be connected to the internet via ethernet/internet cord.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!