1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!...someone tossed my PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cat66, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat66

cat66 Thread Starter

hi all, new here
    a few days ago an evil person threw my tower about 6 feet onto a carpeted surface...now it won't boot up, it hangs on the windows xp loading graphic for about 30 seconds then powers down
    I reseated everything and have been able to get it into safe mode...i looked at the disks and get the message that they are both healthy
    I am really at a loss as what to do now to try and get it up and running normally
    any direction as to what my next step should be would be greatly appreciated
    thanks,
    cat

2. gurutech

gurutech

In safe mode, I would run a CHKDSK /R from a command prompt and let it run. This will fix any bad clusters on the hard drive, and if possible, move any data located on those bad sectors to good sectors.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

First thing you do is get that Evil person to purchase you a new PC and make sure it is a good one after all if you are going to replace the busted one you might as well get a really good one and it will teach him or her a lesson.

If the pc took that kind of punishment then it is probably no longer going to function properly, there could be a crack in the motherboard that you probably cannot see since these boards are multilayer. Yep get this person to purchase a new one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!