1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP SOUND AND OTHER PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AIRBUDDY, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AIRBUDDY

AIRBUDDY Thread Starter

HERE GOES....I HAVE A QUANTEX THEY CLOSED BUT USUALLY WALK ME THROUGH ANY MINOR PROBLEMS..I HAVE NO WHERE TO TURN NOW....UNDER SYSTEM INFO---THESE ARE THE PROBLEMS I HAVE.(1) DEVICE MANAGER THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MPACT MEDIA PROCESSER (2) UNDER OTHER DEVICES I HAVE A EXCLAMATION MARK BY PCI MULTIMEDIA AUDIO DEVICE AND ONE BY UNKNOWN DEVICE (3) UNDER SOUND,VIDEO,GAMES-THE ITEMS LISTED ARE VIDEO DEVICE FOR MPACT AND WAVE DEVICE FOR VOICE MODEM. THERE USED TO BE A CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER AUDIO PCI 64V UNDER THIS BUT I REMOVED IT AND IT DID NOT REINSTALL IT.I GUESS THIS IS MY SOUND CARD? (4) UNDER SYSTEM DEVICES I ALSO HAVE A EXCLAMATION MARK BY ADVANCED POWER MANAGEMENT SUPPORT.
    IT SEEMS NO DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED FOR MY SOUND CARD OR MULTIMEDIA....THE ELECTRICITY WENT OFF IN THE BEGINNING AND IT PUT MY COMPUTER IN SAFE MODE WITH NO SOUND..WE REINSTALLED WIN.98 AND STILL HAVE NO SOUND AND THESE PROBLEMS.. SORRY TO BE A PAIN.I HOPE YOU CAN HELP IN SOME WAY. THANKS SO MUCH!

2. Fist

Fist

Hey,
    Sounds like ya need the driver disk for your soundcard. You could try going to properties of anyone of the devices you mentioned and then try to reinstall the driver. Once you do that it will tell you if it can find the folder or not. If it does great. If it doesn't go to start>find and type in the name of the file it is looking for. Usually if it was already installed it is in c:\windows\system but have your windows cd in the drive to be able to search there if you can't find it in windows folder. Another place to check is c:\windows\inf

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

4. LarryCore

LarryCore

posted in wrong place:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>THANKS FOR THE REPLY..I TRIED BUT STILL HAD NOTHING. I GOT BRAVE AND PULLED MY SOUND CARD OUT TODAY! SCARY FOR ME BEING A BLONDE ESPECIALLY.HA ANYWAY IT HAS SOME BROWN AREA ON IT LIKE IT MIGHT HAVE SHORTED OUT? I DONOT KNOW. ANYWAY I FIGURE I WILL JUST GO GET ANOTHER ONE.WHICH KIND SHOULD I GET? REMEMBER THIS IS A SOUND BLASTER AUDIO PCI64V.I WOULD LIKE ONE THAT IS NEAR THE SAME SND THAT INSTALLS IN THE SAME SLOT WITH THE SAME PLUGS. IT HAD TWO PLUGS INTO IT.HOW WILL I KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THE NEW ONE? WILL IT COME WITH A INSTALLATION DISK TO WALK ME THROUGH SETUP? AND WILL I NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO MY SYSTEM TO GET READY FOR THE NEW SOUND CARD? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!IF I CAN PULL THIS OFF...I MAY GET PRETTY GOOD AT THIS COMPUTER STUFF....HA HA<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Get a Creative Sound Blaster Live...
    best card for a reasonable price. Show your old card to someone for proper connectivity.
    Also go into device manager and remove old
    card before installing new one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by LarryCore (edited 12-28-2000).]

5. LarryCore

LarryCore

I agree - get a live!

Easy to install and will sound better than your old 64 to boot.

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
    LarryCore begs for money

6. Whypick1

Whypick1

ditto, i just picked up a Live!Value yesterday for $50 OEM, you might be able to find it cheaper. Not too shabby for a quality card.

7. lilmoonee

lilmoonee

GET A LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! i have a live MP3+ it kick butt!!!!! got it retail 70 someting bucks a month ago (w/ my new comp that i built). go to www.axiontech.com for the best comp part store. (where i got it)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/34661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice