1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!! Sound wont play!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Syrecc, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Syrecc

Syrecc Thread Starter

My sound just recently stopped playing after i opened up my computer to blow some dust out and make sure the fans were working.I did this because the video card was overheating. Now no sound will play and everything is plugged in. It is possible that i moved something inside of it because it was working just fine before this.

Any response will be greatly appreciated

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

Are you sure your speakers are fully attached? Plugged into the Green socket?

3. Syrecc

Syrecc Thread Starter

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Media center edition
    Version 2002
    service pack 3

Intel[R]
    Pentium[R] 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    2.99 GHz, 2.00 GB if ram

Im sure everything is plugged in tight, and if this helps, it sounded like it wanted to play the startup sound when i turned my computer on today. it played about a quarter second of of sound until it stopped

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You failed to post your Motherboard Make and model or the system make and model if Big Box (Dell, HP/Compaq,etc....) The processor and OS is helpful but tells us nothing about the sound card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice