1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help speaker problems on my laptop and having problems with windows screen on startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by crash0133, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crash0133

crash0133 Thread Starter

Hello,

for the past while now I have been having problems with the window on start up and my speakers on my laptop not working.

1-The problem started out with the speakers when I turned down the volume to nothing while playing a game and then I tried to turn it back up a few weeks later I got no sound out of the internal speakers. I tried all the options in the volume looking for anything muted with no results. I then tried to update the sound card drivers with the same results of no sound out of the internal speakers. I did try head phones as I was told by a friend to do so and I am able to hear sounds and music just fine.

2-After this first issue, I noticed that when starting my laptop I had a smaller then the normal screen when starting up, I also have this same size on my main screen. I have been able to change to a higher resolution to fill the entire screen but if I go any lower then the highest resolution I have a black boarder were the window should be.

I have upgraded to windows XP from windows ME erasing whatever information I could, hoping that a new operating program would solve this problem. But with my bad luck it hasn't changed. If you someone could help me resolve these problems I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

crash0133

2. zabusant

zabusant

Do you have sound if you boot in safe mode? Please tell me the model of the laptop - should be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop (when the lid is closed)

3. crash0133

crash0133 Thread Starter

Can't get sound in Safe mode either. Been trying for the past hour with no result. My laptop is a Dell inspiron model #pp01x.

Thanks for taking a look.

4. zabusant

zabusant

Just notice you upgraded to XP - so I cannot find the correct drivers by serial number.:( Could you check what sound card you've got?
    Start>Run... type dxdiag and ok - under sound tab you should find the specs:)

5. crash0133

crash0133 Thread Starter

Ok, the name of the product is ESS Maestro 3
    Device ID- pci\ven_125ddev_1998subsys_00e61028rev_1
    type-wdm
    and its the default device

hope this info helps :)

6. zabusant

zabusant

7. crash0133

crash0133 Thread Starter

Well after the madness of everything going on I have been able to come back. I have been able to fix these issues by googling the issue and have had great success. Thank you for the help though it was much apprieciated. :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice