1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help......strange boot up problem !!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debasiskanhu, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debasiskanhu

debasiskanhu Thread Starter

My specs : -

intel pentium d 2.66 ghz

asus p5n-mx motherboard

1 x transcend 2 gb ddr2 667 ram

mercury 8600gt 256 mb gddr3 graphics card

samsung 160 gb sata ii hard disk
    sony 20x ata/ide dvd writer

iball 400 watt psu

intex 600 va ups

recently i replaced my old motherboard asus p5gz-mx with asus p5n-mx. Everything worked fine for two days when suddenly after pressing the power button, computer did not boot and in turn turned off after 2 - 3 seconds. This problem then occured randomly, i mean after many tries it booted up and everything worked fine. After coming to desktop everything works fine and does not shuts down or restart on its own. Thinking it of bios problem i flashed the bios to the newest version available for the board from asus website. But in vain the problem persisted. I checked all my connections, took out my ram and cleaned it but it did not solve the problem. So decided to take my psu to iball service centre for checking it. They repaired it but still the problem persisted. Then i decided to replace it with a new psu because it had warranty but still my pc does not startup at one try. This problem is very random. I have tried to connect directly to power supply without connecting to the ups but still the problem continues. I have also noticed that the time when i push my power button my processor fan responds and rotates for that 2-3 seconds time span. Now i am confused..........don't know which component of my pc is damaged. Kindly help me out............shall be very grateful to any suggestions or tips. Thank you.

2. Danielvt

Danielvt

Hello mate, when you changed your Motherboard i'm olmost surdent that you didn't put in your CPU correctly, because it's a LGA775 socket which i also have i know (because i tryed the exact same thing as you are experiensing now) that it is because one or more of your locking sticks on your CPU cooling fan isn't plugged right..and the reason for it comming some days after is because it might have felt out..go open your case and check the CPU fan is plugged right the Motherboard has small sensors checking it is plugged right and it turns off if it isn't..remember cooling paste when you have checked because the paste will break when u change.. if you are having more problems please just ask again :)

- Daniel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/775264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice