1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help system crashed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dolabilll, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dolabilll

Dolabilll Thread Starter

Hello I recently installed suse on my computer and I also have windows xp installed on a seperate partition. Since I am an idiot I was on windows xp and I decided to delete the suse partition trough windows. After I deleted the suse partition, I restarted windows and like ususal it said Grub loading, but I got an error because obviously suse is no longer there, so I put in the win xp disc and tried to repair windows. I thought if I deleted the 956 mb swap partition it would correct the system from trying to load Grub, but it actually made things worse and now I cannot even load the windows xp disc. Now when I try to load the xp disc it says inspecting system configuration then the screen goes blank.........I dont know what to do! Help!

2. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

Try booting form the XP disk and press R to runt he recovery console.

When you get to the console use the FIXMBR command to fix the master boot record.

3. Dolabilll

Dolabilll Thread Starter

I am not able to get that far now. After I select boot from cd it says inspecting system configuration..... Then the screen goes blank. It is quite weird I have never had someting like this happen before.

4. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

5. Dolabilll

Dolabilll Thread Starter

I will download it, and put it on a cdr and get back to you asap, and let you know if it will let me boot from it.

6. Dolabilll

Dolabilll Thread Starter

it will not let me boot from a boot disc.

7. Dolabilll

Dolabilll Thread Starter

8. MediasWayne

MediasWayne

Did you switch the boot options in Bios to recognize A: as first boot option?

9. Dolabilll

Dolabilll Thread Starter

I dont have a floppy drive, but I have the cd drive as the first boot option when I was trying to load the boot disk off a cdr.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice