HELP system32.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AL128

Every time i start windows the following messege shows up:

Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\System32.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

It has been happening for a couple of months now. Can anyone please help me?

(i have windows xp)

If you are able to boot into windows, you can run the system file checker, that will check the state of the system files and wil replace if needed

Start -> Run-> type "SFC /SCANNOW" -> ok

WinTasks Process Library

system32.exe

Process File: system32.exe

Process Name: System32

Description: Added as a result of the MARI , SYSXXX and other viruses. Mari is an Internet worm spreading with emails as an attached .exe file. Whereas SysXXX is a backdoor Trojan program that was written in the Delphi language, Backdoor.SysXXX gives a hacker complete access to your computer. By default, the Trojan opens two TCP ports, 31,556 and 6,051, that it uses to communicate with the hacker. The application notifies the hacker through email or ICQ. Also, Backdoor.SysXXX attempts to terminate various security products and system monitoring tools.

Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): Yes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online