1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP: Text changes after copy, paste and emailed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by GMoney123, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GMoney123

GMoney123 Thread Starter

Ive been having a problem with my text changing after I have copied and pasted into an email. It looks fine until after I send the email and check my sent mail, fonts have changed, symbols and characters have been added, line spacing has changed. Whats the problem?

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

We need more info than that.
    Examples, system details, files, even screen captures would help.

It might be system settings, it might be mail tool settings, it might be outgoing mail format problems, it might be mail server problems, it might be Someone just hates you.

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

The most common thing I know of is that a font is used in creating the text body that is subsequently unavailable to the email program so it falls back on a default font and size, which usually changes everything. Now if you're using New Times Roman to construct and that's getting changed after sending then its probably something else (plain text vs. HTML maybe).

4. GMoney123

GMoney123 Thread Starter

Its not something quite as simple as that. After the paste, it changed 1 single word (and the same word each time) to a font size of 1,683 and added a couple symbols (&%=) to a couple other words.

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Have you tested with another document with just the word that was changed and the ones appended with symbols? Trying to see if its the words themselves, how they appear in the document or somehing else. There are some glitches in word programs sometimes, one in Wordpad that when you enter a certain phrase in a new file and save it and open it, it displays as four vertical rectangles where the phrase is supposed to be. So things like this are not unheard of.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!