1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!! The new build that worked fine out the case doesn't work in the case!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jasminnd, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasminnd

jasminnd Thread Starter

Ok, now I have a new build that has All new parts, brand new case and everything, it works fine when it's partially screwwed in or outside the case, but once I put everything else in (pci devices) it doesn't turn on? What could be the problem?

2. bigtuna420

bigtuna420

it sounds like your motherboard is shorting out on the motherboard stands in the case. you might try finding some small rubber washers or spacers to put between the motherboard and the stands for it.

3. jasminnd

jasminnd Thread Starter

What else could be wrong? I noticed that I kind of have to push the motherboard at a certain angle so the standoffs will line up. How can I avoid doing this and is it the problem?

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi jasminnd

Check that you only have standoffs installed that line up with your system board holes. You may have put in some extras which are used for different size boards.

5. jasminnd

jasminnd Thread Starter

got standoffs in all the right places....

6. n2gun

n2gun

Definitely sounds like something is shorting the motherboard out. I would also suggest placing some rubber washers between the standoffs and the board. Without seeing it is hard to say where it might be shorted so that may be the easiest way to go. Or if you want to work at it you could try removing one standoff at a time til you find which one it is. Just make sure you put the others back.

7. jasminnd

jasminnd Thread Starter

I reseated everything and double checked all connections...now I have another problem...It runs, but I see nothing on the screen!!!:confused: :eek: :mad: :(

8. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

If it's not beeping, it could still be shorted. Also make sure all the components are tight.

9. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

It's a short, plain and simple. Only you can find it. Keep looking.

10. n2gun

n2gun

If it is beeping and you are getting no video, Reseat the video card and check cable fore bent pin.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/126539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice