1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP There is no tools at the top of my screen???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by prox44055302, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. prox44055302

prox44055302 Thread Starter

Yes i have a windows 95 and i dont have any tools at the top screen and i need it to fix somthing so if any one at all knows how to get it i would love to hear from you. lol you have no idea how bad i want to fix it.

2. Del

Del

What program are you in that is missing Tools? Do you know the version? Just what do you have at the top?

3. Ratboy

Ratboy

prox44055302,

Welcome to TSG!

You didn't give us a whole lot to work with.

I'll assume you mean the standard toolbar (Back, Forward , Stop, etc.) at the top of the Internet Explorer window.

Go to View > Toolbars
    Click on Standard Buttons

If these are not the tools you are looking for, let us know which program (version # included) is missing the tools.

4. Del

Del

Kinda like taking a shot in the dark.
    Figured it was OE or IE, just figured might help to know a little more.

5. prox44055302

K here is some more info all that i know iam missing for sure is the tools at the very top of the screen when i am on the net but everything else is there like file,edit,view,favorites then skips tools and goes to help. The only way i knew it was gone is cuz my net is acting up so i was talking to this one lady and she told me to go under tools and thats when i knew i didnt have it. cuz when i am on yahoo or some sites there is alot of stuff at the tops of the screen like for 1/4 of the top is all letters and numbers and when i try to click on somthing it just goes up to all that stuff. so to make a long story short it really sucks.

6. tazza_0712

tazza_0712

Hey,
    what version of Internet Explorer are you running? Choose Help>About Internet Explorer
    If it isnt Internet Explorer 5.5 or anything later than that, then I suggest you download it from Microsoft.com
    Some early versions of Internet Explorer havent had the "Tools" menu on top of the screen.
    Whatever you do, make sure you do not download Internet Explorer 6 if you are not running Windows XP. It never works well unless you have Windows XP.

Hope it helps

7. Del

Del

Kinda sounds like IE4. Same thing I was thinking. It's not just squezzed out cause they have help showing.
    If this is the case, update to IE 5.5 at Microsoft.com.

8. prox44055302

Thanks for the help but i went to microsoft.com and like i said befor i click on download and it just goes to the top of the screen where all the letters and urls are. so i dont know what else i can do let me know it would be great thanks so much

9. Del

Del

Click on Help at the top of IE and click, About Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    It will tell you what version you have..

10. prox44055302

its in a different room but i think its 2.2 would that sound right

11. Del

Del

No, should be 4, 5, 5.5 or 6.
    We really need to see what version you have to fix this.

12. prox44055302

meet me in the chat room easyer to talk thanks del

13. Del

Del

Sorry, never used Chat before here and when I click on it, just sits there.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice