Help to reformat my hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SweetNB

Hiya. I'd like to reformat my hard drive (which I've never done before). One question I have, is do I have to first uninstall windows? I currently have xp pro installed, but I got xp home with the computer when I bought it (don't ask me why, I have no clue. That's what I was given :confused:

You dont need to uninstall windows. Are you planning to do a new install? If you are then you get an option to format your drive before installing windows

SweetNB

thanks for replying Rebel! If I re install windows, will that automatically find my sound card, video card etc? I just hope I don't frig up my system :eek:

high Knight

It's My Birthday!
it may pick install the driver software for your soundcard and video card if you know what the video and sound cards are you should be able to find the drivers online.
a good site for divice drivers is www.Driverguide.com

hope this helps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online