Help transfering files through lan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeesh122000

I have two computers, one being a laptop that has a (E:) cd drive and no floppy disk drive. It runs on windows me. My other computer was put out of commission a few weeks ago, i just recently got it back. I want to transfer my main files back to my prime comp which is a w98se. Sadly though, i cant set up a home network without a setup floppy disk. I already have a 2.4ghz wireless router, and can connect both computers together, though no file sharing. Can anyone provide me a loophole to this prob.

Also, i would use cds to transfer my files back to my main comp, but for some strange reason, the (E:) drive reads only commercial cds, like software or music, but no data cds. i can't use direct cd to copy my files to cd. Any help to let me copy back files to cd would be greatly appreciated.

My laptop only has 6G and ive already used 70% of it to store my files, don't have alot space left, don't have the will to download everything back again on main comp

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Why do you need a floppy disk to setup the network? :confused: I never use a floppy to setup them up here.

I had a setup program with my wireless network...

The maker of your router may have the files on their website.

foloyd said:
The maker of your router may have the files on their website.
Yes check your manufactures web site. They should have the program on your floppy available via download. Simply download it and set it up that way ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts