1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Troubleshooting my comp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cree1987, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cree1987

cree1987 Thread Starter

Not sure why comp keeps freezing? :( Maybe my cpu water cooling isnt good enough or maybe my psu isnt up to par...Had my cpu and motherboard and ram tested and all passed with flying colors. Here is my comp spec's....

Asus Crosshair v Formula-z
    AMD 9590 FX (bundled with the master cooler)
    Sapphire Radeon 295x2 water cooled one
    16GB of Kingston Hyper beast 2133mhz
    120 GB SSD
    1 TB HHD
    CD/DVDRW drive
    Thermaltake SmartM 850w

Nothing is overclocked

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Are there any other symptoms besides freezing? Please check your temperatures in the bios and report back. Also check in the file manager. Alt + ctrl + delete on Windows 7, ctrl + shift + esc on Windows 8 and check you CPU and RAM usage.

3. cree1987

cree1987 Thread Starter

CPU never past 48
    GPU never past 65
    MOBO never past 52

28% CPU usage
    around 25-35% memory usage

thats while gaming aswell

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You have not posted your exact pw supply. Post the exact make and model. Next you have an asus board; download and install asus probe. This will give you all of the temps and voltages. Post those here. Note post twice; once under a no load condition AND when running prime95.

Next I notice that there are at least 10 bios updates for that board that address system stability. What exact bios version are you running?
    Here is a link to the support page. Probe is part of the asus suite under the utility section of the downloads;
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/HelpDesk_Download/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice