1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Uninstalling Microsoft Works Suite (2006) Add-In for Microsoft Word

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hunterwhitman84, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hunterwhitman84

hunterwhitman84 Thread Starter

I need help uninstalling an add-in to Microsoft Works Suite 2006. I downloaded a program that helped me remove the actual program, Microsoft Works, but the add-in is still stuck and I can not for the life of me get this add-in to unisnstall.. This hole thing has been causing me problems for sometime now, it keeps making my WIndows Installer pop up flashing on the screen about fifty percent of the time I'm on my laptop. I have windows 7 if you need that information, I realize now the program has compatible issues..I finally got the program gone someone please help!! It is call Microsoft Works Suite Add-In for Microsoft Word.
    THANKS!!!!

2. instantninja

instantninja Banned

Hit the start button and then the computer button then the c: drive and look under the program files is Microsoft Works Suite Add-In for Microsoft Word located there?

And can you un install it in normal or safemode from there?

Also you could check to see if it is located from with in the program below.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

Also this fix it should help in your case,.
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

3. hunterwhitman84

hunterwhitman84 Thread Starter

THANKS so much instantninja! I did the last suggestion you gave me and it worked like a dream so I thought my problem was gone because Microsoft Works is no more...but the windows installer is still flashing on the screen attempting to install,only God knows what and mind you it never gets installed ofcourse, now I am back to square 1 because I really thought that was the cause of that Windows Installer problem...so any MORE suggestions? It would be appreciated greatly!!

4. AtlBo

AtlBo

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Maybe we can find the entry triggering it and see what we can do about it with the help of HijackThis.

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

2- Run the program.

3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.

4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply. Do not attach it.

6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

6. instantninja

instantninja Banned

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice