1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Upgrade My PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by flyingsqrl, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingsqrl

flyingsqrl Thread Starter

I am looking to upgrade my PC and take advantage of some of the deals going on during Cyber Monday. I'm looking to do some basic gaming on my computer; nothing to crazy. I do want to be able to run current games on normal settings and have a smooth experience. Currently my computer is an HP p6110y with a MSI Radeon HD 4670 1GB PCIe w/VGA/DVI/HDMI (M452-4672 ). I made that upgrade about a year ago to play games and it has worked fine up until this point.

I was following the guide below as to what computer I would like to have for an affordable cost. (Basic Build).

http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/gaming-desktop-computer.html

Essentially I am looking to see if I can upgrade what I have or if I should simply buckle down and buy the whole new computer. Thanks for any and all help.

2. adam3088

adam3088

Can you find out the specs for your power supply? That's going to be what holds you back from upgrading your current graphics card. There's not much point in spending very much on a new GPU though as your current proccessor will hold you back, and to be honest there's no point in upgrading that, you'd be throwing money at an outdated platform.

If you want a machine which'll last you a reasonable amount of time for gaming, you're going to have to build a new system.

Can give you ideas for a solid list of components if you say roughly how much you're planning on spending.

3. UserBarZero

UserBarZero

I am just joined random, but I don't trust that website you provided. The budget build looks ok enough, but every link there is a redirect that goes through a foreign site. It's not directly going to the site that has the info for the parts. Probably some sort of 'ad counter' redirect that counts clicks and view and gives out money. Not evil or anything, but I don't trust that it's "your best interests in mind" from that site. All their products could be sponsored- rather than researched is what I'm saying.

Unless I'm wrong, then disregard this~ Anybody here know like that site? >>'

btw I'm on Oprea. I think Oprea blocks any redirects, it seems too anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice