1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help us get our Dvi to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drovebykeptgoing, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drovebykeptgoing

drovebykeptgoing Thread Starter

Need help getting Dvi connection to function Well after 6 hours still no luck either i can get the display to show up as digital in properties but its marked as display #2 I only have 1 hooked up both vga and dvi attached to my new widescreen when I switch to digital it goes blank and says power saving mode I know its something in Nvidia control panel but what? do I un hook the vga? I really would like this digital mode to work so I can move out of the analog world! I got this Lg monitor just coz it has dvi bought a new cable and crap no digital mode what a letdownSomeone has to know I am so close to have it working Pleeeze help us >>>>>>>>> Anyone?

2. seekermeister

seekermeister

Use only the VGA or the DVI cable. The DVI would be the preferred choice.

3. drovebykeptgoing

Ok so unhook the vga? will try Thanks

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

I keep reading here that you can run both, but I have 3 and they are not cheapies and if I have the analog cable connected at all, the dvi will not work.

5. drovebykeptgoing

Well I just dont know, unhooked the vga, still nothing. It will show boot screen then monitor goes into standby.What gives all drivers are in place per device mananger I know this will work just need that one piece of advice. In display props it shows analog and digital so Its got to be Nvidia possibley, Still searching.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Check the pins on the cable anjd it may also be a bad cable which I had happen once with a Dell Lcd.

7. drovebykeptgoing

I checked the cable ends all ok (brand new Dynex) Man this is aggravating as heck I want this to work bad.

8. coastergeekr

coastergeekr

Hit it with a wrench...it always works.

9. replay

replay

sometimes there is a button on the front of the monitor that switches between dvi and analog...... there is on my dell......... look at the instruction manual 4 your monitor

10. drovebykeptgoing

Ok Did that too no luck. Can anybody shed any light on this perplexing problem?

11. seekermeister

seekermeister

If this is a new monitor, the best idea would be to exchange it.

EDIT: Then again, I suppose it's possible that there is something wrong with the DVI output on the video card.

12. drovebykeptgoing

Yes Going to check a known good card, (Fingers crossed) Tia.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice