1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help?? USB ports not working at all???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ballaev, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ballaev

ballaev Thread Starter

:confused: OK, I connected my digital camera as usual through the usb port and it is not reading my camera at all. Usually it pops up on the screen as soon as it's connected and now it's not working. I got down and actually looked into the port and found that some of the connecting little gold rods are bent out of place. I have 2 other usb ports on my computer however, & they are not working either. Could the problem with the one port be effecting all of the usb ports on my computer? I really need to fix this problem and any information on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help received.

2. Sponsor

3. KIxlDANlxNG

KIxlDANlxNG

hmm i had that same problem i shouldnt mess with the other usb ports all i had to do was bend the lil rods back in place how they are suppose to look i did it with a fork :)) GL HOPE ITS HELPS lol

4. ballaev

ballaev Thread Starter

thanks, i'll try it. I just didn't want to take it upon myself to do it & really mess something up ya know. Thanks a lot. I'll let you know how it came out.

5. KIxlDANlxNG

KIxlDANlxNG

hopefully its works happens to me most of the time espicially to the mouse and keyboard jacks lol just take a fork and ben them right back in place :>:D

6. ballaev

ballaev Thread Starter

Well I took the whole usb port out & cleaned it free of the millions of dust bunnies living in there & also bent the wires back. It is working now, but if it gets touched it goes on and off. I'm just glad that my other usb ports are now working. Thank you very much.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/512219